AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

What Recession?

Singapore is going through one of the worst recessions in its history. My ASS. Woke up early and headed down to the Adidas Sale at Singapore Expo this morning. Arriving at the Expo at 1040am, knowing that the doors open at 11am, I was expecting to be one of the first few to step into the hall. I couldn't have been more wrong.


It seems that the typical Singaporean kiasu syndrome is back, stronger then ever. When I reached, there was already a queue from the entrance of Hall 5 all the way to the Donut Empire kiosk near the entrance of the Expo from the MRT. Not sure what I'm talking about? Here's a graphical representation for those graphical-minded people out there...


Adidas Sale Queue

The Queue




Adidas Sale Queue 1

See the people facing away from me? That's the TAIL of the queue.




Adidas Sale Queue 2

The Sale was happening at Hall 5 for your info. And I'm only outside Hall 6 after half and hour of waiting





Adidas Sale Queue 3

Finally got into the "Hall queue" after almost 45 minutes



But sad to say the Sale was hardly worth the queuing. The only thing that barely caught my attention among the entire sale was this white basketball shorts. Other than that, the rest of the items there were, how do you say, B-O-R-I-N-G. Even the sneakers section couldn't hold my attention for more than 2 minutes.


Spoils of the Day



So in the end I only ended up walking out after 1 hour of queuing, 10 minutes of shopping, 20 minutes of wondering aimlessly amoung the carts of seemingly identical clothes/jackets/shoes and 10 minutes of queuing to make payment, with a pair of $59.00 white basketball shorts that set me back by $25.00 and the best deal of the day, a FREE black Adidas plastic bag. Wow.


That's one reason why I am not an Adidas fan. All their products look like they were photocopied from another Adidas product, only differentiating itself from its predicesor by having an additional splash of paint here or an additional icon there. Why would anyone want to wear something that 20 other totally unrelated people in Orchard Road would be wearing on the same day? As a quote on some T-shirt goes "I'm not different. You're just all the same."


And after looking back at the infamous picture of the last IT Show over the last weekend, I am forced to repeat myself...


IT Show Crush


WHAT RECESSION?


Anyhow written on Mar 20, 2009 at 2:27 PM

2 bored people said something about this

interesting post


posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 8:00 PM
 

thanks. Whoever you are.


posted by Blogger The Minute Man: Colin Chang : 9:24 PM
 
Post a Comment


Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009