AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Dinner In The Dark

went down to my favouritous casual dining place for dinner during earth hour. Eighteen Chefs at Simei EastPoint. As part of their efforts to participate in Earth Hour, they switched off all the lights and everyone enjoyed their dinner by candlelight.


I came down a few seconds too late and ended up having to sit outside as the last table inside had just been taken up. But at least I managed to partake in the countdown to switching off the lights... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Happy Earth Hour!


Earth Hour 1



Their service staff were decked out in funky gear created by lightsticks. One guy had green lightstick glasses while the cute cashier girl had yellow lightstick mickey mouse ears. There were also the bigger, thicker, non-bendable versions of the lightsticks provided on every table as well as candles floating in glasses to ensure that customers don't stuff pasta into their own nostrils.


Had my usual Tangy Tomato Chicken Sausage Cheese Baked Pasta student set meal while sharing the table with a chinese guy-indian girl couple and 2 sec school girls. Midway through my meal, a young malay kid dropped his glass of dessert just beside the table, resulting in a masasive shattering sound and an awkward silence of 1 whole second. But the strange thing was, the parents of the kid didn't even scold or attempt any form of physical punishment on the kid, but instead just gave piercing stares right through the little guy.


If it was a typical Chinese family, the story would have been entirely different. First, the kid would have gotten a massive scolding followed by some slaps on the hand or butt by his typical chinese mom, followed by some grumbling and lecturing by the typical chinese dad.


But anyway, I managed to snap a few shots after the couple left before making my way back home.


Candle Light Pasta

Candlelight Pasta




Candle Shot 1

My futile attempt to capture the candle flame no.1




Candle Shot 2

My futile attempt to capture the candle flame no.2




Candle Shot 3

Looks like a scene from some cheapo ghost flick.
Please pardon the messy hair.



On my way back after dinner, I spotted a massive crowd outside the main doors of Eastpoint. There was this percussion performance going on, by some all Malay group. Haven't you noticed that Malays really like to drum on random objects to create noise music? So anyway, this group was no different, apart from the fact that they had proper percussion instruments such as drums and those round things with the bells on it that go "ching, ching" when you hit it on your hand. [Sorry, suddenly just forgot what they are called]


So there they were happily drumming away in their own world and the beat was almost enjoyable. Then they finished up the song and invited the audience to try their hands on the instruments. At first I was tempted to go up and try one of the drums but after seeing and hearing all the kids rythemlessly whack on the rest of the instruments, I decided that I would rather save my ears from the torture and just head back home after buying dad's dinner.


So here I am, back in the comfort of my peaceful, air-conditioned room, 1 hour after Earth Hour, finishing my blog post and having totally nothing to do on a Saturday night, after spending the entire Saturday doing nothing except breaking highscores on facebook. I need a life. Can I borrow yours?


Anyhow written on Mar 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009