AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Horrible Weekend

If you're wondering why I didn't post anything during the weekend, it's because I had one of the worst weekends in a long time. Well, it was not exactly WORST worst, but if you look at it from a negative point of view it just could be classified under the 'very bad' category.

Was supposed to wake up early on Saturday morning to go rollerblading with Jes but in the end we 'just happened' to sleep in late and by the time we got up it was already 11+. Since I was the first one up, I turned on my laptop to check my emails and the usual stuff. But as I was getting off my chair to go to the washroom, my right knee decided to get to know the corner of my sister's shelf better due to the area constraints of the room. They even celebrated their meeting with a loud 'BANG".
So the innocent party [me] was left rolling on the floor in agony while Jes and my sister got a loud, unsual and rude wake up call. Closer inspection revealed that my knee was slightly scraped and the slightly scraped piece of skin was still left hanging on to the corner of their lovely meeting.

Anyway, still determined not to miss out on our rollerblading session, we got changed and made our way across to East Coast Park. Being the fitness freak that I am, we made up for our missed gym session last week by doing our abs-ercises on the concrete slabs they call chairs under one of those sheltered kiosks. A word of advise to everyone out there: DO NOT DO SIT-UPS ON SOLID GROUND WITHOUT CUSHIONING.

Little did it occur to us that the slight pain we felt on our lower back was actually an abrasion caused by too much rubbing of our lower spine against the concrete seats. Even now in the office I have to sit unsually straight just to avoid having contact with the injury. And it's no small abrasion... came up to almost a 2cm x 1cm injury. And the worst part is, I had to wear a handiplast on it to prevent it getting worse by rubbing against my jeans, and due to the placement of the wound, that handiplast had to be stuck on horisontally in order to cover the entire wound, which meant that 1/4 of the handiplast was seeping into my buttline!! One of the most uncomfortable experiences I've had in a long time.

So enough of the hurting, I had actually planned to go to Nokia this weekend to upgrade my handphone software to prevent it from hanging as well as to increase the efficiency of it running programs. But by the time we came back from rollerblading, it was almost 3pm. And since the inefficient Nokia service centres take a whole of 4 hours to upgrade a freaking software, and taking into consideration that they close at 8pm, it was obviously too late for us to bring my phone down that afternoon.

But nevertheless we headed down to Suntec to catch a movie only to discover upon reaching there that there were only 2 movies that could fit our time schedule. Ghost Tunnel and Bable. Seeing that Bable had 7 Golden Globe nominations, we decided to take a chance and watch this "you will never guess what this movie is about by looking at the poster which has non-existant movie info on what the movie is about" movie. And just as expected, it was a boring political movie that only tried to prove 2 things:

1. Not all arabs are bad guys / terrorists.
2. Japanese girls don't mind getting naked and showing their bits in front of a camera over and over again.

Other than that, it's just a poor attempt at making a "fit the puzzle pieces together" type of movie, a.k.a. The Last Dance, which I heard from friends that was also a miserable movie. This is one of the few movies that I walked out of the cinema screaming "WTF!"


And the bad luck didn't end there, in fact it actually seemed to carry itself over to Sunday. I was planning to have our usual K-Lunch in the morning, but it seems like Mr Sandman likes to make people oversleep these days. Woke up around 11.30, which was already half an hour past the starting time, hence no singing. Slacking around at home and watching a bit of TV took us to almost 1pm until we finally decided that it was time to go out. Trying to keep myself in high spirits, we went back to Suntec to try to get my software upgraded again.

Why didn't I leave my handphone there overnight on Saturday you ask? Well, I don't want no ah bengs bringing my phone out and about at night taking weird photos of their weirder girlfriends making a fool of themselves by making even weirder monkey faces. Come on, don't tell me you haven't received those emails saying that the service staff actually take ownership of your phone when it's supposedly supposed to be locked up safe and tight after they are done servicing it? And that was just within the 4 hours of servicing, let's not go into what could happen if you leave it over night.

Anyway, back to the topic, we reached Nokia Care around 3pm, only to learn that they close at freaking 5pm on Sundays! Another failed attempt. I'm starting to get really pissed about Nokia Care. And the best part is, I've been trying to upgrade the software through the Internet via their 'Software Upgrade' software but in the end it always just spits out a 'No updated versions of your software are available' error when my software is only 2.something while the latest in the market now is 3.something.

So having had enough of my phone, we wandered around Suntec and Marina Square in hopes of finding some Chinese New Year clothes for me. If you know me well enough, you would know that the probability of me finding clothes that I like is 2 times that of getting a royal flush in poker. But amazing during this weird weekend where everything was cocked-up I managed to buy almost $200 worth of new year clothes which leaves me with a big blackhole in my pocket for the rest of the month, well maybe until Chinese New Year when the hong paos start pouring in.


Anyhow written on Jan 29, 2007 at 12:03 PM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009