AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Chinese New Year Shopping

I did say that I was going shopping for new clothes over the weekend right? Well, I didn't manage to finish all of my shopping but I did get a couple of items from the shelf. I found this cool, black Billabong shirt with some printing by the top left [when I'm wearing it, or top right when you're looking at me] of the shirt. I've been trying to find something like this for a long time but nothing could grab my attention, until I saw this.

For those of you who do not know me very well, let's just say that if you're trying to buy clothes for me that I would like, you'd have a better chance of success surviving 20 laps around a swimming pool filled with crocodiles. I'm the sort of person who can walk through the entire Orchard Road and not buy a single item if I don't fancy any. The only clothes that I would buy would be those that give me that *ddrriiiingg* feeling immediately when I see it. And once I spot it, I'll most probably be in and out of the store with a new piece of clothing in 5 minutes. And price is no object.

So anyway, through my entire weekend, I managed to get 1 shirt and 1 boxers. But I still need more cos the shirt is 99% black and I'm sure to get drowned by all the nagging of those old-fashioned relatives about wearing black during Chinese New Year.

I mean, what's the big deal? It's just a colour! I really don't understand what is it with the older generation and the colour black. It's like the colour black killed their grandparents or something. They seem to have some kind of family feud with black, treating it like their arch nemisis whom they must kill in order to revenge the deaths of their grandparents. The real reason why people wear black to funerals and ill-meaning occasions is because...

The people 500 years ago decided to go with black! It could have been any other colour, red, blue, white, heck... They could have even decided that being naked would be a solemn dress code! So if they really did that, would it mean that people wouldn't even bathe? Or rather everybody would bathe with their clothes on just to avoid being caught in a solemn or inauspicious dress code?


Anyhow written on Jan 22, 2007 at 8:58 AM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009