AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Weird Happenings

It seems that MOE Internet connections have problems with blogger. Maybe it's because they tracked me to be accessing it almost everyday and decides to semi-block access to blogger sites so that employees under MOE roofs won't be wasting time blogging or blog-surfing in order to increase our effeciency... Or maybe it's just because the connection sucks.

Anyway, I've double checked my blog at home and everything seems fine and dandy. So I apologise to my readers and Blogger for what I said yesterday about Blogger screwing up. It ain't your fault, it ain't my fault, it's just the stupid connection's fault. Blogger is always good.


Last night I made a visit to my optometrist cause lately I've been feeling that the vision from my left eye still seemed a bit blurry even after I made my new specs just about 2 months ago. So after sticking a million and one lenses into that cute, round, little spectacle-like thingy in front of my face, he concluded that there was nothing wrong with the vision in my left eye... The problem actually lies with my right eye... because it was TOO CLEAR.

This was the first time I was hearing something like this. That my lenses for the right eye could be reduced slighty if I wanted to because even if he reduced it, there would be no difference in my vision. But because my right eye was too clear now, my left eye would see a little blur, but in actual fact it was all normal and good. We learn something new everyday yeah? So the next time you think your eyes are giving you problems, rather than thinking that you might need to increase your degrees, you might just only need to reduce rather than increase.

And another thing, cataract is a scary thing. For those who live on the other side of the mountain, in the words of dictionary.com,

A cataract is an opacity that develops in the crystalline lens of the eye or in its envelope. Early on in the development of senile cataract the power of the crystaline lens may be increased, causing myopia, and the gradual yellowing and opacification of the lens may reduce the perception of blue colours.

Not that any of these is actually happening to my eyes [phew~] but my mum however has had cataract since a few years back. And during the visit, she requested for a check-up on her vision. So here's the list which she was supposed to read, in actual size too...

2


yes. It was this big. and with 100 degree lenses, "Can't see a thing". With 1000 degree lenses, "Not much of a difference". OMG. Luckily she had already operated on her left eye therefore she was not totally blind. And of course the optometrist suggested that she make a trip down to the surgery clinic to get it operated on when she's free. OMG, i still can't believe anyone couldn't see the number.

So in the end me and my sis just stocked up for about half a year of contact lenses and made our way back. Oh, and before we headed home, the girls stopped over at This Fashion to do some shopping. [Typical of girls] And as I was wondering aimlessly through the tons of women clothing, I bumped into an old Taekwondo friend. Actually this isn't the first time I've bumped into him. We sometimes pass each other's path in the mornings while on the way to work cause he lives somewhere near my work place. We chatted for a while and left with a swift goodbye. Sometimes you'll meet friends in the most unexpected places, so make sure you don't wear anything too shabby even if it's just going opposite your house to get your lunch.


Anyhow written on Jan 26, 2007 at 8:54 AM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009