AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Sleepless In Simei... Again

Was being a good student and trying very hard to do my last assignment for the year last night. Started from 9 plus after I woke up from my evening nap and my fingers were fixed on the keypad of my laptop for almost 7 hours straight.


However, I didn't manage to get much progress. But I knew I was close to completing that part of the question. So close. But yet, I couldn't seem to get the spark of genius to fill in the last few holes in my program. I tried, and I tried. Even to the extent of spewing vulgarities into thin air out of frustration. It was only 1 small part of a question. I should have been able to see the answer clearly long ago, just like any of my other programming assignments.


But yet this one was different. Because of her, I broke my perfect record of handing up all assignments on the school's local deadline. You see, the assignments have the previledge of being flown over to the UK where they will be marked by balding, be-spectacled ang moh uncles and aunties seated beside their fireplace, with some beams of yellow light swivelling about from a bulb attached to the ceiling above. Well, maybe I'm over-dramatising a little, but you get the picture.


So anyway, assignments have 2 deadlines, the first is the local deadline, where the school will collect and collate all assignments to be flown over and mail them over in 1 big cardboard box. However, those who have not completed the assignments by this local deadline usually have another 1 to 2 weeks after the local deadline to personally courier those stacks of 20 page reports over to the UK themselves.


And as it turns out, I've been stuck with this assignment for almost an entire week without any signs of progresss. Lecture nots haven't been helpful in determining the logic of the codes and even the Internet didn't provide much help about the topics. Seriously, even the Internet has no clue? Well, I guess this proves how many people in the industry are really using such irritating programming languages.


So there I was, struggling to find the right mix of codes through all the syntax and logic errors, periodically cursing at the stupidness of the program, which only tells u which line the error is on, without telling you what is wrong or how to solve it. I finally admitted defeat at 4.30am. With my brain filled codes and a frustrated heart, I decided to try to get some sleep cos I was supposed to wake up early the next day. Like in 3 hours time.


However, after flipping and tossing and sweating on the bed for almost half and hour, I suddenly had an inspiration. Jumped out of bed, turned on my laptop and started to furiously bash the codes into the program. AND IT FINALLY WORKED!! By the time I finished finalising and debugging that program it was almost 6.30am. Finally I laid my rested soul on the bed and immediately fell asleep, for a whole 45 mins.


But it was one of the most satisfying 45 minutes of sleep I've had in a very long time. So now let's hope that another spark of inspiration will come along to help me complete the rest of my assignment tonight. And hopefully at a much earlier time. Lightbulb, it's time to work your magic...


Anyhow written on Apr 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009