AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Over The Weekend

This weekend was kinda boring. Didn't really do much with it. The only significant thing we did was to celebrate pipi's nephew's birthday on Friday night, with 2 cakes and a few presents.

Friday afternoon was the nationwide release of the GCE 'O' level results. But Saturday was the release of something much more important. On Saturday evening, I recieved a brownish envolope in the mail. Carefully opening up the envolope, i spilled out it's contents of a few sheets of white paper. I took a deep breath and read it... "SIM has accepted your application for the course in Computing and Information Systems".

Ok, it didn't really say I was officially accepted, but rather stated that I had to attend the bridging course in 'A' Maths and pass it in order to be accepted for the course. So, theoratically, since I have to attend the bridging course, which is held in SIM itself, doesn't that mean I'm already an official student of SIM?

Actually, to tell the truth, I wasn't the least bit worried when I was opening the letter at all. Judging from information gathered from my reliable sources, I've heard of students who's grades were 10 times worse than mine but who were still able to get applied into SIM. Well, so much for going to a top-notch school. But anyway, I still will not cancel off my wishlist for entry into SIM yet, until I'm a full fledged SIM full-time student.

So it says that I have to take a bridging course in Mathamatics which will start around March and end with a written exam around May. So that equates to 2 months of night classes after work on Mondays and Thursdays. And hopefully it won't drain me too much for me to stop my gyming routines.

Valentine's Day is just around the corner, in fact, it's just a few steps ahead. 2 more days to be exact... And I still have no plans whatsoever on how I'm gonna spend my Valentine's Day.

P.S. I still think it's just a scam by florists to charge people 200% more for 50% less flowers, so don't expect to be recieving any flowers from me during the day.



Here are some interesting facts that most of you wouldn't have already known...

Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

In 1982, Englishman William Hall committed suicide by drilling holes into his head with a power drill...it took 8 holes!

Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself. (How did they study this?)

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Spain literally means 'the land of rabbits.

The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.

The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.

No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.

People say, "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.


Anyhow written on Feb 12, 2007 at 10:26 AM

1 bored people said something about this

Your blog has been added, thanks for participating. Remember, you can become a contributor and let our readers know what's new in your blog, or you can also write a small post about us in your blog to have your link move to one of the first ten spots.


posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 12:34 AM
 
Post a Comment


Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009