AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Tagged... Ouch

Letha over at A Stitch In Time has tagged me with the Music Question and here's what I gotta do:

- Start Copy -
1. Go to www.popculturemadness.com
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the song's of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends
- Stop Copy -

So let's take a few steps back in time... [OOooo... Look at the swirly colours...]

The Boy : A young, not-so-dashing-looking-as-now Mr anyhow
The Year : 2002
Playing on the radio : Cleanin' Out My Closet - Eminem (edited)

Well, I wasn't really a big music fan during that age. Most of my time was spent on training Taekwondo or on the computer, but this is one song that I particularly liked. I've always admired Eminem's ability to transpose a song from his bad childhood / love life / etc and not to mention it sounds good too, although sometimes there's just a tad too much swearing.

Anyway, didn't really like the lyrics of the song, [something about keeping skeletons in your closets] but what really hit me was the music. You know how most rap music sound like you could reproduce the entire thing with items found in your kitchen? Well, this one wasn't one of them. It had just the right mix of "noise" and actual music with a pinch of punk attitude. And that describes perfectly what all us teens were about during that age.



Playing on the radio : Girlfriend - N Sync & Nelly

This song has particular meaning to me. 2002 was the year PiPi and me first got together. And it was coincidently around the time this song was released too. Learnt much from the song about how to treat a girl right. The first year was hard for us. So many people didn't approve of our relationship and said that it wouldn't last long. Well, take a look as us now. *Bleh* Everytime I hear this song I would think of PiPi.


Ok, now all I have left to do is to pass the flaming torch. Let's hope it doesn't burn any of these people's fingers... You're up next guys and gals:

1. My Cuz, Andrina
2. The Queen Bee, Empress Bee Of the High Sea
3. Newfound friend and collegue, Kelvin
4. The Queen of MeMes herself, Mimi
5. Miss Jappy Singaporean, Yumi


Anyhow written on May 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

4 bored people said something about this

okay i'll try but did they have songs when there were dinosaurs? ha ha ha

smiles, bee


posted by Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) : 8:53 PM
 

alrighty then, go see...

smiles, bee


posted by Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) : 3:07 AM
 

Good meme answer. Popping over to Bee's to see hers too x x

Have you got a Guest for WW this week?


posted by Blogger Shaz : 6:05 AM
 

Sadly no. Guess nobody's found anything worth guessing yet. Guess I'll have to dig through my treasure chest to come up with something tommorrow.


posted by Blogger The Minute Man: Colin Chang : 8:43 AM
 
Post a Comment


Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009