Got tagged by Mimi, The Queen of Memes herself to do this. Was kinda fun finding out more about my birthday. I never knew so many things could happen in 1 single day. So here goes...
"THE BIRTHDAY MEME" Here are the rules: You go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day) Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends. There are five slots in the meme list.... as you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.
Ok... So here are some things that happened on 6th of July around the world...
1. 1535 - Sir Thomas More, author of Utopia and one time Lord Chancellor of England, is executed for treason by King Henry VIII after refusing to agree to Henry's decision to separate the English church from the Roman Catholic church.
I always said religion was evil.
2. 1947 - The AK-47 goes into production in the Soviet Union.
Hmm... More evil...
3. 1988 - The Piper Alpha drilling platform in the North Sea is destroyed by explosions and fires. 167 oil workers are killed, making it the world's worst offshore oil disaster.
The WORLD'S worst oil disaster. I guess you can't get any evil-er than that
Next up, 2 Births
1. 1921 - Nancy Reagan, First Lady of the United States
Wow, I share birthday's with some damn important people in the US.
2. 1946 - George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
Ok this is getting scary. Does that mean that I'm going to be some big **** for the US too?
and finally... 1 Holiday
1. Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
Erm... Anybody can locate that on the world map for me??
And the list... [Don't know what's it really for though]
Big Leather Couch
And now I shall unfeelingly tag Pearls of Wisdom, Kelvin, Andrina, Sabrina and yandaokia.
Anyhow written on Jul 12, 2007 at 3:09 PM