AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Getting Too Old For This

Went down to Ah Soon's tkd class last night. I think age might finally be catching up on me. For the first time in a very very long time, I had to fall out and take a break during training halfway through as I was beginning to feel faint and weak after just a few rounds of kicking.


Maybe it's because I haven't been exercising much these few months. Or maybe it's because I did not hydrate myself enough before the training. Or maybe it's because I over-exerted myself by ensuring that I got in 100 kicks in 60 seconds for both legs. Or maybe it was the fatal combination of all these factors.


Whatever the case, I felt really weak and faint and had to fall out halfway through class. the last time that I remember myself falling out from a class is during our hardcore tournament training where I took a fall and landed on my butt bone, after which I felt the exact same effects as last night. And that was almost 4 to 5 years ago.


But in any case, I still managed to recover from that minor lapse in performance and to return to the class for the sparring session. And after all these years of inactivity in tkd, only 1 thing's for sure: I STILL KICK ASS.


I may not be as fast or accurate or powerful as I used to be in my prime, but judging from the standards of the type of tkd training I see going on in CCs nowadays and the quality of the students produced, I have no doubt that I can still go kick for kick with any one of those fighters out there.


It's amazing how the hunger just comes back once you are able to get a clear hit to a worthy opponent's head. And to top it all off, I still managed to execute a couple of my trademark spins and dodges almost perfectly, albiet a little slower than what would be expected of me in my prime.


But kicking ass also comes with a price. Although my arms and legs are still considered seasoned from all the tough training in the past, I unknowly brought back a few souvenirs after the training. My right arm was quite badly bruised although I didn'r really feel much pain. And this morning the bruising became more obvious and it hurts a little when I press on it. But still, it's a small price to pay for being able to get a good kick on someone's head. I haven't felt this 'shoik-ness' in a very long time.


Ouchie

Ouch!


Anyhow written on Apr 18, 2009 at 9:47 AM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009