AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Brainbusters Answers

And here are the answers for Tuesday's brainbusters...


Question 1:

Guess What Am I?


I am usually long and thin.
But I may come in many different shapes and sizes.
I am hairy at one end and pointy at the other.
When I'm not in use, I am usually found hanging.
When I am in use, I am thrusted in and out of an opening quite forcefully.
Usually some white stuff will be present when I am in use.
I can be used at any time of the day and at any where.
But most people prefer to use me when they are at home.
Sometimes if i am used too forcefully, bleeding might occur.

What am I?



Answer: A Toothbrush! What were you thinking???




Question 2:

Brainbuster

A man lives on the 12th floor of a building. Everyday, he will take the lift down to the first floor when he goes to work. But when he comes back, he will stop at the 8th storey and walk 4 floors up to his home. Only when it is raining will he go directly up to the 12th floor when he comes back home. Why is this so?


Answer : He's a midget who can only reach the 8th floor button. On rainy days he can reach the 12th floor with his umbrella!


Question 3:

Hotel Bill

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives $5 to the bellboy to return. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totalling $27. The bellboy has $2, totalling $29.

Where is the remaining dollar?


Answer : The all time favourite maths question. And you get the answer right here.

You can't figure in that each guest paid exactly $9 for the room because the room bill was $25 which can't be divided between 3 people evenly. Each person would have paid exactly $8.33333333333333 each.

Take the $8 x 3 people = $24
Plus $3 they were given back = $3
.33333333333333 x 3 people = $1 <--- the missing dollar
and the bellboy has $2

Total = $30

Now go on and impress your friends with these funky questions and answers.


Anyhow written on Jun 21, 2007 at 11:01 AM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009