AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

A [Not So] Brief Update

School has been like work. Leaving home around 7am and only reaching home after 5pm everyday doesn't really sound like much fun. And I can assure you that it isn't. Especially if you have to spend a freaking 1 hour 15 mins for a single trip to or from school to home.


And the worst part is that everyday we have a 2 hour break inbetween the lessons. Lunch normally takes up les than 45 minutes, which effectively means that we have about 1 hour 15 minutes [ironically the exact time I need to reach home] to waste in school. Obviously it would be meaningless for me to take the bus/train halfway back and suddenly make a U-turn upon realising that I wouldn't make it back in time for the next lesson, therefore, everyday after lunch you can spot me seated in the school library. Something that I never thought possible.


Back in my secondary and poly days, you would never catch me dead in the library unless we really had to go there for project discussions or exam studies. But as of now, I think I have stepped into the library more times since I entered SIM then the total of my secondary and poly days all added up together.


But not to fret, i'm not becoming a book worm. Although it might seem unbelieveable that I can stay in the library for 1 hour a day without creating a big fuss and flipping all the books off their shelves, the only reason why I am still not banned from the library is because of the "FREE" Internet access they provide here. [Yes, I'm typing this in my school library if you didn't already know.] I call it "FREE" because although you don't have to pay for using the computers or Internet, they only limit your access to acadamically-inclined websites. Which means that your popcap, killsometime etc etc websites where you can easily find something to kill of that extra hour or two with, all will only turn up a blank white page that says


"Your page is blocked due to a security policy that prohibits access to category - Games."



The only saving grace is they still allow youtube, albeit without the sound cos all the pcs are deaf [I assume they don't have microphones that allow voice recognition] and mute. Hence the only way I can keep myself awake in this God foresaken place is by doing exactly what I'm doing now. Blogging.


Actually, this might not be such a bad thing because it sort of forces me to blog more regularlly and my imagination has to run wild in this bookworm-infested place to keep me from falling asleep. Therefore I might be able to write longer and slightly more interesting topics while I'm here, as long as I don't get the ALS or After Lunch Syndrome. You know, that strange feeling of wanting to go to sleep when you're placed in an air-conditioned room immediately after you have had a hearty lunch.


Time check - Yippie, i;ve already wasted almost 20 minutes of my boring life talking about how I ended up with my butt stuck on this curved piece of wood they call a chair.


And for those of you preverts more interested in my personal life, here's 10 little slices of the cake to entice you to continue reading this boring piece of blog entry futher.



1. I've signed up for the Hip Hop dance classes conducted by Dreamworkz in SIM, which equates to 8 weeks of sore leg muscles every Friday morning and maybe a strained neck or two once in a while.

2. Just had a house-warming "party" last Friday, where tons of friends were invited. Ok, maybe just a dozen, but at least they all showed up. We had fun thru-out the night playing Mahjong, pictionary, Monopoly : Pokemon Version [My sis only has Pokemon and Powerpuff versions so we choose the more playable of the 2] and some card games.

3. I'm still waiting for my pay for the previous 3 roadshows to come in. And my bank account is getting dangerously low in cash.

4. Super Glue is really Super. My sling bag's plastic rectangle thingy that they use to join the seaming to the bag and the strap together actually broke into 2 pieces, and I was able to successfully glue back them together with super glue and it has not failed me even after 1 week of carrying heavy notes and books to and from school. I've yet to test it out with my laptop though.

5. I need to go for a haircut. My hair is extremely long but suprisingly still able to stand. But in any case, I still need to get it cut. Will be going down for a visit to my hairdresser this Friday.

6. This entry was supposed to be a short one as I could not think of anything to blog about when I first sat here, therefore naming the title 'A Brief Update'. But seeing the amount I've already typed in, I decided to put in a '[Not So]' into it.

7. Monkeys, dolphins, penguins and walruses. These are some animals that occasionally mate with the same sex. That's what I learnt from watching "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry". I doubt they had to pay Adam Sandler much to get him interested in this show. go watch it and you'll find out why.

8. I finally saw a girl in my lecture group this morning that could be classified as a pretty lady. But I doubt she is from our course because I have never seen her before.

9. I only have 3 friends in my lecture group as of now. And all 3 are guys. [No I'm not gay] I think it's time for me to get more friendly with the girls.

10. I'm [semi-]famous. One of my answers to the Saturday Comeback Challenge was used on a review of the Best Blog of the Day. See it HERE


Anyhow written on Sep 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009