AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Of Old And New

I'm supposed to be doing my assignement right now but since I just came out of the shower and it's raining pigs and monkeys outside, I think it would do no harm to take 15 minutes to update my lil old blog.


Anyway, it is a well known fact that Singapore is facing an aging population. Simply put, it means that in the near future, we are going to have more old people than our young people can take care of. Personally I feel that old people should have thought of how they are going to provide for themselves before they got old, and not expect their children to feed them and pay for their household expenses every month. Now before you come spearing me with all that filial piety shit, and all that "your parents are the ones who provided you with food and stuff when you were a baby blah blah blah", give me 10 seconds to explain my view.


Yes, parents are the ones who provide for you when you are a baby, giving you food, housing and TLC until the point where you grow up. But that doesn't mean that it is EXPECTED that children MUST provide for their parents. Unless your parents lost their limbs when they were like 45 and do not have any ability to make a decent living, the children should only be expected to help to support the family as best as they can. But that doesn't mean that the parents should retire at the age of 50 and sit on their uncomfortable wooden rocking chairs and wait for the daily neccessities to be handed to them on a silver platter.


They too should be engaged in the society, albeit taking up a less stressful job that at least gives them a sense of satisfaction. At least it beats sitting at home waiting for the money leaves to fall and the brain to rot. I definitely wouldn't want to be a liability to my future children [if any]. We are not in historical China any more people. Respect is no more an entitlement, it has to be earned.


Let's come back to our topic on aging population. [seems like the digrression went a little too far there] Anyway, like I said, there is going to be more and more old people around. In fact, there aleady IS a whole lot of old people around. And thus we need a dumping ground for the old and feeble. And I believe that Simei is one of them. There are already 2 funerals happening concurrently within a 5 block radius of my home right now. In fact, one of them is directly under my block. When I turned into my carpark this afternoon, I had to follow a slow paced hearse turning within the mazy carpark of my neighbourhood all the way to my block. Luckily it was still empty.


Oh, and by the way, I got a new hairstyle from James. It's different from my old spiky head although the top is still a little spiky but shorter. The only thing about this hairstyle that I don't like is that I don't have the additional 4 cm that came with my old hair. So feast your eyes on new bad boy look!


My New Hairstyle


Anyhow written on Jan 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM

1 bored people said something about this

You don't look like a bad boy at all. Nice try! You have a sweet expression on your face. How can you be bad boy??

The challenge is up again. Hope you'll play this week.


posted by Blogger Mimi Lenox : 6:39 AM
 
Post a Comment


Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009