AnyHow Blogs
anyhowblogs title

Many Gatherings

From Secondary schoolmates to ex-Taekwondo friends, and now army CCI instructors. The start of 2008 has been filled with gatherings and catch-ups with old friends. Kinda makes me wanna turn the clock back to my secondary school days where life was all about fun and play. No study stress, no assignment deadlines, no freakingly extravagantly high school fees.


Just 2 weeks ago, I attended a long overdue gathering with my ex-TKD mates. It seems that this seems to be the trend with people who were previously interested in TKD. After a certain age, you just seem to feel that TKD is more of a commitment rather than a budding interest. You start to drift apart from the art, and gradually stop going for any practices at all. Out of the 14 or 15 of us who were once what you would call TKD-siao, only 2 are still considerably active in the sport now. And the most common reason for leaving? Not having any motivation to train. I mean, what's the point of spending almost half of your free time teaching and training in the art? At the end of the day, you can't really make a living out of teaching unless you dedicate your whole life to it, and even if you are some superfighter in Singapore, any Tom, Dick or Harry on the streets of Korea could beat you blindfolded. Where does that leave you then?


Another happening gathering happened just last Saturday with my Secondary school friends. It was fun to reminiscence the good old times as well as our love/hate relationships with our teachers. And the best part of it was that although it wasn't a very organised gathering to begin with, no less than 14 people turned up in the end. Imagine, one night on MSN, a mass chat was started by some secondary school friends, inviting more and more people as they went along. After a while, somebody said something about having a gathering at a certain location on a certain date at a certain time. No further contact was made between the friends after that but amazingly, so many of us actually turned up on that date itself!


And the fun doesn't end there. Tommorrow I will be attending another gathering with my army friends after more than 1 year of non-contact. I suppose it is going to be another unforgetable gathering that I won't soon be forgetting if I forget any gatherings any time soon. But for now it's time for me to get back to chionging my assignment which is due at the end of next week. Rawr!


Anyhow written on Jan 22, 2008 at 3:25 PM

0 bored people said something about this

Post a Comment



Tweet Logo



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com




The Adverts






Talk To Me






My Wants
  • iPhone 3GS
  • My 6-pac
  • SIM admission /
    Straight As
  • Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • NEW Stylo Levi's Jeans
  • 170cm
  • Dyed Hair
  • Funky Nike Shoes
  • Spiderweb Surf Shorts




Exits
Buds

Alex
Azfar
Azri
Fauzi
Fitri
Geoffrey
Ian
Timothy
Yao Kun
Zheng Da
& Babes

Andrina
Candy
Cheryl Small
Emily
Florence
Hui Wen
Jamie
Jasmine
Julie
Kanny
Kimberly
Lee Peng
Li Ting
Ling Yu
Po
Sabrina
Serena
Serene
Shi Qi
Xin Zi
Yvonne





Other Reads




My Creations



My Creations



The Past








Counters And Stuff


My blog is worth $1,129.08.
How much is your blog worth?






Satureday Comeback Challenge Round 26 Winner




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2006




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2007




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2008




Anyhow's Peace Globe 2009